Wiarframe AR Prototyping
Test & Analysis
Setup and interactivity with web-based tool and companion mobile app
This AR prototyping tool offers a free version for experimentation and community sharing. I've performed a short test to evaluate it and it has some value in evaluating an AR environment interactivity. What's more is that the prototyping is quick to setup and implement without any coding, though it does not offer unlimited types of interactivity.
Wiarframe | The Home of AR Design
Prototype interactive AR experiences in minutes - without code. Then share them with the world.
Preview effects by setting the simulator video (
Video icon in left toolbar) to the computer's camera.
This strategy is intended to use geometry to occlude other objects in the scene that may be behind, meaning further in z-depth.
- Use the
headOccluder.daefrom Spark AR's Face Reference Assets and set it as the child to the
- Scale the geo as applicable to occlude the user's head.
- Set the geo's material >
Alphaand decrease the
0. This hides the occluder geo while implementing the occlusion.
Revit > FME > AR
Test & Analysis
Initial exploration of using FME to capture Revit model surfaces and metadata and showcase it through the FME AR app on iOS. The workflow and app have quite a bit more functionality that I have yet to explore, but this initial experience showed me FME's ability to quickly and easily connect data from Revit to AR, and to eventually automate the data flow. FME AR app filmed with iPad Pro and video editing processed in After Effects.
FME Augmented Reality (AR) | Integrate and Modify 3D Models
Use FME launch your data into the real world by using the FME AR format. Write new .fmear files to create new visualizations or read existing files to edit and transform them. Open your finalized .fmear file in the FME AR App and experience your data in a whole new way.
3D & Mixed Reality Resources for Educators
Creation & Development Software
- Blender (Open-source digital content creation tool) https://www.blender.org/
- Unreal Engine (Game Engine) https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/
- Fortnite Creative Mode (Game Creation Environment https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/creative
- Twinmotion (Architectural Visualization Tool) https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion
- Education Lesson Plans https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/lesson-plans
- Spark AR (Facebook AR Development Platform) https://sparkar.facebook.com/ar-studio/
- Gravity Sketch (VR Creation Tool) https://www.gravitysketch.com/
Game Content & Assets
- Sketchfab (3D Models; large collection of free assets) https://sketchfab.com/
- Quixel Megascans (High-quality 3D Models & Textures; free for use in Unreal Engine) https://quixel.com/megascans
- 3D Model Haven (Free 3D Model Collection) https://3dmodelhaven.com/
- Texture Haven (Free Texture Collection) https://texturehaven.com/
- HDRI Haven (Free HDRI Collection) https://hdrihaven.com/
- Epic Games Marketplace (Free Game Assets) https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/profile/Epic+Games?count=20&sortBy=effectiveDate&sortDir=DESC&start=0
- HTC Vive (VR) https://www.vive.com/us/
- Oculus Quest https://www.oculus.com/
- Magic Leap (Mixed Reality Headset) https://www.magicleap.com/en-us
- Wacom Tablets https://www.wacom.com/en-us/discover/educate
- Epic MegaGrants https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/megagrants
- VR/AR Association (VRARA) https://www.thevrara.com/
Virtual Reality collaboration.
Virtual space for interactive collaboration.
Framework and tool for preparing 3d content for web-based interactivity
ByPlay Reality Editor
Content creation and MR publishing platform.
Virtual scene creation tool.
Custom avatar creation tool.
Mobile 3D scanning application and solution.
3D data optimization and review tool.
Mobile application for quick deployment of AR content.
Spark AR Toolkit
Toolkit for optimizing, positioning, sizing, and efficiently exporting geometry from Blender to Spark AR Studio.