Material Graph Production
Right-click to convert to Parameters
Can be exposed for user and/or BP.
Motion 4 Way Chaos
- Search in
- Search for
Distance To Nearest Surface
- Enable Project Settings > Engine > Rendering > Lighting > Generate Mesh Distance Fields
- Requires Editor restart.
Utility Expressions nodes are nodes that can affect Materials in a number of different ways than one might be used to. For example the GIReplace node will Replace an objects indirect bounce color with a given value you input while the Linear Interpolate node will help blend between two Textures based on an Alpha input.
Panner node offers a solution to effectively animate a texture across a coordinate system. Linking time and a speed multiplier to it initiates the dynamic movement. As an example this can provide a quick and effective way of generating the illusion of smoke with a noise texture. The effect shown below was created using the settings noted below:
In this example, a landscape was created and then a duplicate of the landscape was positioned a few inches higher. The landscape below was applied the landscape material and the landscape above was applied this moving cloud material.
- In Affinity Photo (or Photoshop), add a layer with white fill and use the Perlin Noise filter to create clouds.
- The exported image does not tile well, so use Substance B2M with the following settings to process a tile-able version of the image.
- Create a material with the following setup and settings:
- The Opacity parameter is what controls the transparency of the texture.
- Black (0) - Fully Transparent
- White (255) - Fully Opaque